Cisco WirelessTo handle new bandwidth requirements, networks will be designed and built with the performance to handle interactive multimedia for many simultaneous users. The Cisco Unified Wireless Network provides the highest performance and most scalable platform for business communications today and in the future.
The 802.11n standard provides the bandwidth and reliability to support interactive multimedia applications. Cisco also has true enterprise-class RF technology designed to maximize 802.11n standard performance and deliver many other benefits.
802.11n wireless combines the mobility of wireless with the performance of wired networks, offering up to 9 times the performance of 802.11 a/g networks. Providing true enterprise-class RF, Cisco technologies such as CleanAir, ClientLink, and VideoStream, plus optimized access point radio and antennas, improve performance regardless of where a device is located.
CleanAir technology uses silicon-level intelligence to create a self- healing, self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the effects of wireless interference. With an application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) based implementation of spectrum management, CleanAir can classify over 20 different types of interferers within 5 to 30 seconds.
It also improves air quality by:
- Detecting RF interference that other systems can't see
- Identifying the source and locating it on a floor plan
- Providing automatic adjustments to optimize wireless coverage around the interference
- Read the CWNP Review of CleanAir Technology (PDF - 2.2 MB)
- Maintains video quality at a perfect 5.0 medium opinion score (MOS) score
- Delivers three times the scalability of competing products
- Optimizes network performance by using 30 times less bandwidth than competing products
- Read the Miercom Lab Testing Summary Report (PDF - 494 KB)
- Increase throughput for lower-speed 802.11n a/g clients
- Improve coverage areas between cells or near obstacles
- Ensure airtime "fairness" so that all clients, regardless of location
or version of the 802.11 standard, have the optimal connection to the
Cisco wireless network