This document contains the Comms-care Environment Policy followed by a description of the
scope to which the Environmental Management System (EMS) applies.
Comms-care Ltd Environmental Policy Statement
Comms-care seeks excellence in every aspect of our business and is committed to protecting
the environment from harm and degradation by minimising the environmental impacts of
our business operations.
To achieve this commitment, we will:
- Strive to continuously improve our environmental performance and supporting
management system, integrating recognised applicable best practice into our business
operations in a way consistent with our business strategy.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve efficiency in the use of these
- Manage waste generated from our business operations in accordance with the Waste
- Manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
- Ensure environmental criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulatory requirements as well
as any voluntary or imposed environmental requirements upon us
To secure these objectives, we will:
- Allocate resources and funding for the effective implementation of environmental
controls and good practices.
- Set and monitor key objectives and targets for our environmental performance at least
- Communicate internally the importance of environmental issues, our environmental
policy and performance information and encourage feedback. Release externally our
Environmental Policy and information about scope to which it applies
- Make available to all interested parties our environmental principles and promote
these to key interested parties that we can influence
- Work together with our service partners to understand the commitments to improved
environmental performance they require in the services we provide
- Determine the onward journey and final destination of the waste we produce to
ensure it is handled legally and not recycled into undesirable products or used in
- Keep in place measures to ensure that we understand new and changing legal and
regulatory requirements and comply with these
- Review our environmental policy regularly.
The Environmental Policy is accessible to all staff via the internal intranet and to other
interested parties via our website and on request.
EMS Scope Statement
Comms-care’s Environmental Management Systems (EMS) covers the company’s activities (where
within Comms-care’s environmental control) associated with the company’s headquarters and the
installation, support and monitoring of IT equipment and other related services for its channel
partners, as defined in the company’s Service Catalogue.
All company departments and staff are required to comply with EMS requirements upon them. The
company EMS does not extend to external parties’ activities or premises which Comms-care cannot
The EMS forms part of the company’s Integrated Management System and together these cover
provisions to meet legal, regulatory and other requirements and for abnormal/emergency situations.
By maintaining and improving its EMS, Comms-care seeks to control its impact on the environment,
support sustainability opportunities and otherwise influence others where it realistically can, thus
maintaining its good business reputation and remaining a business partner of choice.
Mark Forster, Managing Director on behalf of the Board, February 2019.